Fall '16 Ops Guide
Schedule & Scores
Central Virginia Soccer
E-Mail the Officers:
John Paul Cheski
P.O. Box 18176
Richmond, VA 23226
Atlas Soccer Club
Mamma Zû FC
Metro Sting FC
Partizan Richmond FC
Richmond Blaze FC
Richmond City FC
Screaming Eagles FC
Constitution of the Central Virginia Soccer Association
III. Source of Authority
VII. Headquarters & Office
X. Financial Obligation of Membership
XI. The Council
XII. The Board
XIII. Financial Matters
XIV. Law of the Game
XVI. Dissolution of the CVSA
I. Name: This Constitution and Bylaws contained or referenced herein shall be the governing documents of the Central Virginia Soccer Association, hereafter referred to as the "CVSA".
II. Affiliation: The CVSA shall be affiliated with the Metropolitan DC-Virginia Soccer Association, hereafter referred to as the "state association"; with the United States Soccer Federation, hereafter referred to as the "USSF", through its affiliation with the state association; and with the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, hereafter referred as "FIFA", through its affiliation with the USSF.
III. Source of Authority: The state association mentioned in Article II above all shall confer upon the CVSA the usual and customary powers, attributes, status, and responsibilities of an official soccer association.
IV. Purpose: The general purpose of the CVSA shall be to exist and function as the adult soccer organization in its defined territory. Its minimum purpose shall be to conduct a primary season in an efficient and economical manner, carrying out such tasks as thereby entailed, including, but not limited to communication, promotion, publicity, scheduling, procurement of fields, financial management, awarding trophies and maintaining discipline. It shall also be authorized to conduct one or more secondary seasons and to supervise individual member teams that engage in other competitions (exclusive of tournaments directly managed by superior bodies) with teams from other leagues of the state association, other state associations, other national federations, or irregular teams. Further, the CVSA shall supervise all activities of member leagues, and insure that those leagues comply with policies set forth in this document.
V. Territory: The defined territory of the CVSA shall be in the central Virginia area. Matches shall not be scheduled outside this area without the consent of the Board and the teams involved. All CVSA meetings shall be scheduled within this area.
VI. Colors: The official colors of the CVSA shall be Royal Blue & White.
VII. Headquarters & Office: The Headquarters of the CVSA shall be in the Central Virginia area. Having no permanent office, the headquarters shall be at the place of residence of the CVSA Executive Secretary.
b. The individual must be listed on at least one of the team rosters currently filed with the CVSA Registrar.
c. The individual must have paid in full all fees required of players by the CVSA Bylaws.
b. All team members, except individuals designated as a team coach or a team manager, must be players as defined in Article VIII.A.1.
c. All dues and fees required of permanent teams by the CVSA Bylaws must be paid in full.
b. All team members, except for individuals designated as team coach or a team manager, must be players as defined in Article VIII.A.1.
c. All dues and fees required of temporary teams by the CVSA Bylaws must be paid in full.
b. All dues and fees required of clubs by the CVSA Bylaws must be paid in full.
6. Team Officer: A team officer is the delegate or alternate representative of a team on the CVSA Council. Each team may have one team officer (delegate or alternate representative) to represent them on the CVSA Council. The team officer will have one vote on the Council. An individual may only represent one team.
7. CVSA Officer: A CVSA Officer is an individual who has been elected by the CVSA Council and has voluntarily consented to fill one of the following positions:
b. Vice President
c. Executive Secretary
f. Scheduling Coordinator
g. Secretary of Public Relations
h. Field Maintenance Supervisor
i. At-Large Member (up to five are permitted)
j. Team Representatives
9. Honorary Lifetime: An Honorary Lifetime Member is an individual who has shown significant past support of the CVSA and the game of soccer by virtue of his or her contributions as a player, team officer, CVSA Officer, team owner or referee. The CVSA will confer honorary lifetime membership by a vote of two-thirds of the voting members of the CVSA Council.
C. The fact of membership as defined in any category above does not imply the right to vote in a meeting of the CVSA Council, the CVSA Board, or league or division boards, unless explicitly stated elsewhere in the Constitution. An individual or collection of individuals may simultaneously hold more than one category of membership. Except for the league representative, league board members may not be CVSA Board members, unless the CVSA Board grants special approval.
D. Any adult soccer team, group of teams, or league, properly constituted, or willing to be so constituted, playing according to the laws of the game, having its headquarters within the CVSA’s territory and willing to conform to this Constitution and Bylaws; to the financial requirements that playing in a season entails and to the administrative and disciplinary practices of the CVSA, may apply for membership. If accepted, the new team, group of teams, or leagues, shall be furnished with a copy of this Constitution and Bylaws, which shall constitute sufficient notice if its responsibilities with respect to the requirements established therein.
B. The primary season shall commence and end as stated in the Bylaws. An individual team shall be deemed to have completed its primary season after it has played its last scheduled match, provided that no protests or appeals affecting it are pending and provided that there is no possibility of its being scheduled to engage in a playoff to determine its final league standing.
C. Secondary seasons shall be defined by the Bylaws.
D. It is allowable for primary and secondary seasons to overlap. Games of the primary season shall be given preference in field assignments and in all other ways over secondary season games. U. S. Soccer Federation and state association official games have precedence over any CVSA sponsored games.
B. Teams participating in a secondary season shall pay a fee of an amount stipulated by the CVSA Board. The amount to be paid by permanent teams shall not necessarily be identical to the amount to be paid by temporary teams.
B. Those entitled to vote on any questions before the Council are:
2. The team officers of permanent teams.
2. The term of office of the at-large representatives shall be one year. The term of office for all other CVSA Officers shall be two years.
b. Elections for the offices of President, Executive Secretary, Scheduling Coordinator, Secretary of Public Relations, and the five at-large positions shall be held in odd-numbered years.
c. Elections for the offices of Vice President, Treasurer, Registrar, Field Maintnenance Supervisor, and the five at-large positions shall be held in even-numbered years.
d. Should any office be either vacant or occupied by an appointed officer at the time an election is held, that office shall be open for election regardless of the calendar year. The newly elected officer shall serve until the next regularly scheduled election for the position as outlined in Articles XII.A.2.b and XII.A.2.c.
4. The Council in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Bylaws shall elect the members of the Board.
5. Each CVSA Officer on the Board is, during his/her terms in office entitled to one vote on any question that comes from the CVSA Board at any official meeting.
6. A Board meeting will be held at least annually or more frequently as directed by the Bylaws.
2. The team officers of the division shall elect the members of the Board.
3. All team officers have a vote on the division board.
4. Elections will be held prior to the start of the primary season, at a time when it has been determined which teams will belong to that division for the upcoming season.
5. Division Boards of divisions which may join the CVSA at a later time, may be granted permission to keep intact their existing boards, provided recognize the CVSA as a superior body.
6. Division Boards are optional, and the division representative may be replaced with an at-large member of the CVSA Board.
B. The accumulated financial reserves of the CVSA shall be the property of the CVSA as a whole. A team that resigns or involuntarily loses it membership automatically forfeits and relinquishes any and all claims to equity and monies paid to the CVSA.
C. In the event the CVSA disbands, its accumulated financial reserves shall be distributed equally among the current permanent teams.
D. The CVSA shall seek to establish and maintain status as a non-profit organization of beneficial purpose according to the applicable federal, Commonwealth of Virginia, and local laws, ordinances and regulations, so that its tax obligations and those of donors are minimized.
B. Proposed amendments shall be first submitted in writing to the CVSA Board. The Board shall study and present the proposed amendment to the Council for discussion and debate. Under no circumstances shall the proposed amendment be voted upon less than 28 days following presentation in final form to the Council.